Central Council Tlingit and Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska

Tribal Family and Youth Services

Cindy Mills is the Family Caseworker, II for TFYS Klawock offices.  She provides direct services for all Tlingit and Haida applications.  

Cindy has access to all CCTHITA applications.  She can also scan and email the completed applications to the correct department for you.  

Head Start- Applications are available as well at the Head Start Center.  Serves three and four year olds and their families 755-2903

Tribal enrollment  

Tribal Child support

Vocational Training

General Assistance applications; Employment and Training Financial Assistance  for individuals to become work ready.

TANF applications; Financial Assistance for families. 

Child Care Assistance; Provides supplemental financial assistance to families

Although Tlingit and Haida Regional Housing Authority manages the Energy Assistance (LIHEAP) applications, TFYS provides assistance in receiving and forwarding these applications to THRHA.  

Indian Child Welfare Act; Assistance is provided to families that have State of Alaska Offices of Children’s Services involvement in their lives.  ICWA only applies in child welfare proceedings and adoption.  It doesn’t apply for divorces or a break up a family where there is a custody dispute between parents.